Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Va Beach Visit

In the middle of April, Keith's parents came up for a weekend. It was so wonderful to see them. The best part about people visiting us is that we don't have to share them with anyone :)

Keith and his dad focused on some home projects. They built a wonderful desk for Kory and I to share. It even has shelves built in. I have a picture somewhere and really should post it. The best part is that after 8 years of having my "hobby" room move from room to room, I finally have one area that is all mine to sort things out. I forgot half of the stuff I have :) So I guess I really have no excuse now to catch up on some scrapbooking or card making (if I can find the free time that is).

Keith's mom and I headed out to check out some shops in the area. We hit Boscovs- which is a local retailer and a regular on their visit. And of course Target. But we also checked out a couple consignment shops. The first one was not that great - unless you are a size 0 :) But the second one was a goldmine! We found lots of "treasures". Cade was wonderful until the end when he decided he was just over all this clothes shopping :)

The best part of the weekend is that we had family visit us for Easter. This was the first time since we moved to PA in 2000 that we had family with us on Easter. Keith and I have had some interesting Easter meals over the years (especially the year we had just gotten over being sick and ordered Chinese for Easter!). But this year we had a wonderful (non-traditional) meal of steak! It was so good! The boys each got an Easter basket too and enjoyed finding what treasures they had gotten.

It was a wonderful time with family and we so treasured every moment of it!

No comments: