i've been meaning all week to update on our life. and now i type (one-handed) while holding cade.
so in summary... our week...
-monday: we enjoyed an afternoon visit from friends. kory was excited to have someone his size to play with
-tuesday: took cade in for yet another weight check. because he was being slow to gain weight, the doctor recommended supplementing with formula every other time he nursed. So then began our routine for the week of nurse, supplement. I had a nice chat with a delivery person at Rite Aid whose daughter has a birth mark.
-wednesday: back down to the area of the pediatrician. (I have my other hand back now)...
But this time it was for a chiropractor appointment for me!!! I am still out... Have one more week of treatments to get me into pre-pregnancy shape (for my spine and neck that is!!). The three of us: Kory, Cade, and me also made our first grocery shopping trip together. We went to the local grocery store. Not my favorite but because of location and ease of time, we went there. Kory was very helpful. And I'm not scared now to try the "favorite" grocery store.
-thursday: back down to the pediatricians for another weight check and a meeting with the lactation consultant. Kory was not happy about having to get out of his pjs this morning. He begged to have a pajama day and said he wanted to stay home. I don't blame him. After three trips last week to the area and now three trips this week to the area, I was tired of driving the 40 mile round trip each time too. Thank goodness for medical mileage!!!
Anyway, we made it down for our appt. Cade has gained almost 4 ounces in the past 2 weeks. He is still short of regaining his birth weight but we are making progress. The lactation consultant was very nice and helpful. She is also the nurse practitioner at the practice. Kory invited her to come over and play at his house :) Anyway, she watched me nurse Cade and gave me a few pointers and cues to watch for. Did you know, that you can tell by the baby's arm flex whether they are finished nursing or not? Thankfully we don't have to go back down until next Thursday for one more weight check. And right now, we don't have to supplement but just rely on nursing. YEAH!!! Cade wasn't too crazy about the formula anyway.
Thankfully Cade has been healthy and strong the entire time of regaining his weight. He has just been very laid back and just this week decided to "figure" out the nursing thing.
So tomorrow... we are actually home to enjoy the day. Some friends are coming out for the afternoon and evening.
Oh, and the church we go to has been great with having arranged for meals to our house throughout the week. It has been nice because between trying to get used to two kids, and resting, and trying to get Cade to gain weight, I haven't had much time to do anything else... just look at my laundry piles :)
I think that is everything for now. Will keep you all posted on Cade's weight gain. Oh and for friends and family, I'm hoping to get Cade's pictures posted on Snapfish this weekend. Thanks for your patience.
love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment