We had a whirlwind weekend in Virginia Beach. We were hopping the entire weekend.
I hope I summarize things well enough. But know that we had lots of fun with family!!
We got in Friday afternoon. Keith and the boys stayed at his parents house on Friday night while us girls went to Keith's aunt's house for a personal shower for his other aunt who was getting married over the weekend. It was so much fun! I laughed so hard. I think the boys had fun at the house too.
On Friday, Kory got to spend some special time with PaPaw. He got to ride with PaPaw on the school bus from the house to PaPaw's truck. He was so excited and has been wanting to ride a school bus for awhile. Then Friday afternoon, Kory and PaPaw went together to pick up tables and chairs for the wedding. Kory was cute. Had to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich cut in half for his lunch bag. One half for him. One half for PaPaw. I heard there was lots of running around by Kory but no table moving :) But they had a great time together!
Saturday was a busy day. We had Keith's aunt's wedding. The boys stayed with their cousins and a sitter for the afternoon. It was so nice to go to the wedding without the kids. It would have been insane with the pool and trampoline right before our eyes. I can only imagine how long it would have been before one of the kids would have found there way to the pool. It was a beautiful wedding and we were so glad to be able to there for it.
Saturday night our friend Jodi stopped by with her son who is Kory's age. He stayed the night with us at Keith's parents. He is such a sweet little boy and I love the hugs he gives me when I see him.
Sunday was another busy day. Jodi was running in a marathon in honor of our first son, Aidan. And we were able to be there when she crossed the finish line. Kory and her son were with us. So I ended up taking them over to the sand to play for a bit as well. Had to get that boy energy out of them :)
Sunday night it was packing up and heading back home. Our weekend was so full but so much fun. Makes me miss being away from family.
Now we are getting settled in for a couple months at home with visitors coming through quite often. We can't wait for our visitors to show up!
On a side note... Cade is now drinking whole milk from a sippy cup. He took right to it. So right now he is only nursing once many twice a day! I am so excited! I thought it would be a struggle to wean him but he is taking to the sippy cup wonderfully!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment